View Single Post
  #6  
Old 10-17-2007, 09:49 PM
kaus kaus is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,543
Send a message via AIM to kaus Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
Even if someone else prepares the return, you are still responsible for the information on the return.
Yes you are but they will act on your behalf as long as you have given them everything. The way my accountant put it was if I get audited they do the leg work not me. A regular tax return is something like $80 for me she said next year will run a couple hundred as long as I have most of it done. (all reciepts organized and if possible an excel file to make it quicker)

The only reason I suggest having an accountant is you know its done ( as long as you trust them) Besides that would you rather know that what you claimed is correct or have the tax man calling you a couple of years down the road cause they randomly selected yours to review again. Your accountant is a write off too

For myself I would rather play it safe,
__________________
Hit my first goal ....now just need to push it a little bit further


Last edited by kaus : 10-17-2007 at 09:58 PM.
Reply With Quote