
EDMC, you have hit the nail right on the head on this one. After seeing all the info and actually reading through all the posts on P5's and 2+2 this weekend, I am quite perplexed.
I can honestly say that my opinions and thoughts on the situation are different now than they were in September when this whole thing started. There is just too much that doesn't add up here. Especially with addition of the email file that was sent by AP support to Waco of P5's. Take away the whole super user account debate, and this in itself presents a substantial breach of security.
From a players perspective, it seems like a simple solution. Don't play at AP anymore. For us affiliates however, it is much more complex. Likewise probably one of the reasons you don't see this being reported on all the major poker portals. Let's hypothetically say that you are a big affiliate and do 30K+ per month in revenue, even more problematic if it's MGR. If you make a big deal out of it on your site and advise players not to play there, AP very well may just end your affiliate agreement for both AP and UB.
I guess it all comes down to the individual affiliates, but many would not want to risk $300K+ per year, nor would they want their big MGR players NOT playing at AP anymore.
I'm not saying that all the big affiliates won't be pulling AP in the coming days. Depending on what else happens this week, who knows.
I am fairly confident however that many of the players or forum members asking the big affiliates such as P5's to completely pull AP from the site don't fully recognize the potential financial implications of losing 100% of their AP/UB income.
Another thing that many are not thinking about is how bad this is for the overall industry. Hoping organizations like IMEGA or the PPA can legitimize online poker is pointless with this kind of shit being circulated. This entire situation is -EV from every angle.
__________________
My Personal Blog - Be Entertained
"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."
"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
|