View Single Post
  #1  
Old 10-11-2007, 02:45 AM
cogger cogger is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 111
Default Trust Cookies or bread n butter

I have always had a great passion for poker since I was about 5 years old. I have been around the online poker biz for a while now even before the big boom. (about 6 yrs) The biz I mean not so much as a affiliate marketer but as a poker room skin operator in the past and a domain investor before all the good ones where gone. The affiliate marketing aspect has always been on the low side for me as I have focused on other ways to make money in then poker biz whether it be a player on ring games, tournaments, or just other market niches to make $$ Building sites, selling them, etc....Anything other thing has appealed to me to make cash in this biz but running affiliate tags and hope you get the sign up before they drop their cookies or are taken away though rake back offers and other methods, etc..... What if your referral cleans their registry and cookies at random or once a week and you have a 3 week cookie or longer with them. I am off on some new market niches and may include some affiliate programs as I go along here but is it worth it? I am thinking of sticking to just plain bread and butter ads and sponsors based on traffic as I progress with next market niche.
__________________
World Poker Affiliates
Poker Master
Reply With Quote