View Single Post
  #26  
Old 10-10-2007, 09:12 PM
TheDean TheDean is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPP View Post
Two rules of business:

1) Have written agreements (especially with friends).

2) Never do business with people who will threaten to kill you for less than $2000.
1 I am learning over and over the very very hard way.

2, like, ya. But what if its for tens of thousands of dollars?



RakeReport.net was straight stolen from me by an angry employee who disguised his anger with me to be able to get me to transfer the domain to him. I turned down an offer to sell 50% of that site for $30k. So that means I valued it at greater than $60k. I'm not trying to say that this justifies my behavior or anything toward that guy...but you have to understand, I made those threats to him after like 9 other methods just were not working out and I really didn't see any other way to try and reason with the guy to get my sites back...it was a hail marry last resort and obviously fully without merit as I'm not giving up this insane life I have and going to jail over a website. Yes there are better ways to handle these things, but seriously Jeremy, if TonyG somehow fucked you over and stole this site from you when you were selling it, and you didn't get $1 for it, and he fully owned it (yes i know you'd never find yourself in that spot, but i did), you wouldn't flip out on him and say some nasty shit?
__________________

Reply With Quote