View Single Post
  #75  
Old 10-10-2007, 04:30 PM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,625
Default

"the affiliate id is reset to blank"

No I wasn't saying that -- although Darko is saying any visit creates a new cokie.

I was merely pointing out that cardrooms give you a cookie themselves if you visit the site directly via a typein or search engine (again obviously there could be exceptions). So, if all industry tracking were last referal, of course they would also give you a cookie of their own via direct type in or search referal.

I'm not really commenting on how some or all do it now. I'm just pointing out that what several people are advocating here would lead to affiliates as a group losing all referals to cardrooms when the last thing a player does is visit the site via a typein or search engine, regardless of what affiliate that player might have visited the site from five minutes before.

"Your other point about Google earning money by being the last affiliate, however, is complete and utter crap to put it bluntly."

Google isn't an affiliate of the cardrooms, that's silly. The cardrooms themselves benefit from Google referals. The cardrooms look at Google referals similar to typeins, as they should. The big cardrooms spend millions on search marketing. It's probably more important than affiliate marketing to some of their bottom lines.
Reply With Quote