Quote:
Originally Posted by PPP
A very common scenario is for a player to visit somepokersite.com, go to Fulltilt, look at things, and then close their browser. Then an hour or a day later think, "I'll try that Tilt site", and type in Google "tilt poker site" or something similar. They then click on the search result link. To many people's thinking here it was Google who "sold" that player (or Fulltilt search marketing).
|
This is a very likely scenario, which makes me agree quite a bit with PPP.
However, I can definitely seen the reasoning behind the "cookie doomsday button" if a player wanted to receive rakeback or some other cool promotion that the previous affiliate didn't have. Because it should be the players choice in some way as to who gets credit and what deal the player would like. But this is why we should all use
bonus codes.
I don't think there will ever be a way to work with cookies in this business that will make everyone happy. There will be flaws in every system.......