That's it, go to your damned rooms until you can behave nicely! (well .. it works when all the kiddies are screaming chaotically :P)
I am nosy by nature, and a mom, so I HAVE to say that you guys have been acting deplorably toward each other lately.. in fact there always seems to be arguing when I come to visit.. STOP IT! I am missing my soap operas to make sure I am here in time to read the daily dirt! It is all your fault that the "young and the restless folks" are losing cash by the moment, as their #'s drop and the world tunes into PAW each day right after the price is right...
About that cookie thing though .. can it be so specific as to delete a full tilt cookie for a new full tilt cookie?
I believe the original reasoning was so that if I went to a poker site, read all about full tilt, then the phone rang... and .. or I liked it but I wasn't suuuure but didn't have time to look further into the matter at that present moment ...
So I cook dinner, whatever, talk to my sister on the phone... now what site was that I was looking at again... Oh ya! Full tilt!
So I head straight to fulltilt.com or maybe even fulltiltpoker.com whatever, something of that nature, i download, and man, turns out I was good! Millionaire overnight!
So Full Tilt is being honest here, they didn't bring this lady to their own site, the affiliate nudged her along.. so they leave a cookie on her pc, as a reminder.. she came from thaaat guys site, we owe him a few bucks.
But now if that first guy's site sucked, and was nothing but a collection of banners, or even news (maybe she doesn't much care to sit and read about gambling, what she wants to do is hear the sound of slot machines spinning already, before gramps gets home and wants dinner... again!)
So she leaves that stupid banner farm, and she leaves that stupid news site, and she finds a great article all about progressive slot machines.. dreams really do come true!
She downloads, and all is well in the world, the guy with the banner farm is getting paid nicely, and gramma can now gamble in her robe and curlers without that darned security guard troubling her further.
Everyone else of course got screwed.
So now that I believe I have properly defended my question here, and for argument sake because though I do know full well what a cookie is, I couldn't tell it what to do or not to do...
Is it possible that each of the sites in the lil senerios above could create a cookie? A full tilt cookie that knows to write itself over other full tilt cookies, casino cookies that make sure the last casino site gets credit etc..
I read an analogy posted here recently by someone involving car theft.. let's change that up a bit..
If I walk onto a car lot, and they show me a dirty car, a chrysler 300 actually, (because I REALLY want one of those) filthy windows, flat tires.. just .. no 'curb appeal', dusty interior, in fact, I dress nice, I don't want to sit on those dirty seats! .. I pass.
Down the street, I'm shown another car, identical to the first one.. but this car is nice,, clean,
Chrysler 300 .. shiny rims.. sweet soft leather interior... it's used, like the first Chrysler 300, same miles, no smoke, no wear on the break pads or stearing wheel, in all those rudimentary ways they are the same... but this one has that new car smell.. shiny mirrors.. it just has a gleam to it... these folks went to some work presenting me with this new car, can't really tell it was pre-owned.. I buy!!!
Should I go pay that first car lot?
