View Single Post
  #10  
Old 10-06-2007, 04:45 AM
offyourface offyourface is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPP View Post
If I lose a player because they vsiited Full Tilt via another site first, big deal, that all just works itself out. You lose some and you get some. Forget about that part, it's a wash.
Actually its hardly a wash. If everyone got comparable traffic then sure it would be a wash. But the big affiliates that get 30X the traffic than I do have a hell of a lot more surfers out there with these cookies, so clearly they stand to benefit much more than the average affiliate. I bet 10% of the visitors who come to my site I have no shot at making a penny on because they have another cookie already on their computer from another affiliate. Its a bull shit way to do the cookies and I don't see anything wrong with me trying to protect my business in finding a way around giving my commissions away to someone who doesn't deserve it. Unfortunately without a tight forum community or incentive marketing, my visitors have no reason at all to take any steps so they can track to me like I deserve so I get the short end of the stick.

But the notion that any affiliate who does anything regarding having players clear their cookies is an underhanded thief because we want to get paid honestly for our traffic is ridiculous.

That being said I do agree if an affiliate is trying to get their visitors to clear cookies for the sole purpose of having them open up a dupe account or something along those lines which is probably the case in a lot of scenarios, then that is garbage and should not be allowed. All those losers should be banned. I can see with the username of the original poster why you might jump to the worst case scenario here.
Reply With Quote