Quote:
Originally Posted by offyourface
Why should affiliate X get credit on this referral when I sold them?
|
You sold them what? You got them to uninstall the software so they could cheat the cardroom and get a second bonus while you could cheat the first affiliate by "selling" the player on being dishonest?
This is one of the fundamental issues of being an affiliate. there are those who find, help create and encourage players. Then there are those who do nothing but steal players. These stealing affiliates add nothing to the business.
"hey delete your cookies and I can get you a second deposit bonus."
"hey clear your cookies and I'll get you 32.3% rakeback instead of 32.1% rakeback."
I understand it is somewhat frustrating for new affiliates to see literally millions of people tracked to someone else, but being a thief is not the answer.
(And even if your intention is relatively innocent in wanting to clear the cookies of a person who got one merely surfing around, that is a VERY trivial aspect of this issue.)
Encouraging players to clear their cookies should get an affiliate banned by any affiliate program.