View Single Post
  #3  
Old 10-05-2007, 05:36 PM
offyourface offyourface is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 131
Default

I don't really see anything wrong with this. To me its retarded for another affiliate to get credit for the referral just because the visitor clicked on the link from a different website a few weeks ago. If they click on my link, that means I did my job and gave them enough information to sell them on the product. Why should affiliate X get credit on this referral when I sold them?

I always wonder how much money I would really make if I got credit for each and every player that exits to a gambling site from my link. Unfortunately some programs think its ok to pay everyone but me when I send them a real money player. As a matter of fact I remember a discussion over at cap about cookies, I think it was about the referback program and this is the reason I would never touch their program with a 10 foot pole. Once a player signs up with one of their properties under an affiliate, that same affiliate gets credit for all signups even if they come to my site and decide to join another one of their other properties based on the information they found on my site, I am still shit out of luck.

But back to this scenario, as long as the user opts in for this, its nothing more than an automated process to clearing the cookies. No different than those sites that walk the players through how to clear cookies with a step by step direction page, only we would be automating the process for them.

I am curious the ratio of programs that do cookies this way (IE Referback) compared to programs that give credit to the last affiliate that sent the referral. Anyone know? This is something I want to learn more about.
Reply With Quote