Thread: UK tax question
View Single Post
  #4  
Old 10-03-2007, 06:47 AM
Zilla Zilla is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: U.K
Posts: 188
Default

I'm an accountant by profession and based in the UK, but I am certainly not a tax expert so please take proper advice from a tax expert - which it seems you are already doing.

I don't see how there is any difference between being a incorporated legal entity and being self employed in regards to VAT - if VAT was applicable it would be applicable to both the Ltd company and the sole trader.

I don't however see how VAT would be applicable on affiliate earnings.

Corporation tax for a company setup or income tax for a sole trader setup certainly would be due as with any other income source.

Gaming duty I'm 99.9% certain wouldn't be applicable to affiliates as you are not directly dealing with the transaction with the customer.

If you want a cheap way of finding an answer to your question then you can submit a tax question to a tax expert via the link below for about £90 and I have used the service before and can recommend the service.

http://www.taxcafe.co.uk/questions.html
__________________
iPokerGroup Network - Online Poker Strategy | Online Poker Freerolls | Full Tilt Poker | Johnny Chan Poker

Free PAW Freeroll listing script - Increase your conversions and list up-to-date PAW freeroll listings to your users. Full Details here
Reply With Quote