View Single Post
  #7  
Old 09-28-2007, 05:47 PM
Flopster Flopster is offline
Promoting since 2004
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 321
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebrad View Post
I just make a directory, call it "go" or something like that, then make subfolders for each poker room (or merchant for other affiliate type sites).

In that folder, I create a file called index.php and include a 301 redirect. For instance my fulltiltpoker redirect looks like this:


*/
Header( "HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently" );
Header( "Location: http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/?key=MD...DUxMDAwMDAwMDA-" );
?> */

remove the two */

I then link to mysite.com/go/fulltilt/ every time I need to include my affiliate link and viola, instant redirection.

Doing this has so many advantages:

1. I can block /go/ in my robots.txt
2. No pagerank is "bled" to the poker room
3. I can change affiliate links on the fly (switching to PAW network, for instance)
4. I never have to search for affiliate links, I just have to remember the directory structure.

I am wondering what you do for stats for a page like this. If you put any html before the php is voids the script. Any suggestions?

Thanks for pointing this script out!
__________________
A rolling stone gathers no moss.
Reply With Quote