View Single Post
  #60  
Old 09-27-2007, 08:10 AM
akhil_jks akhil_jks is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDonk View Post
Construction. You build it wrong, you fix it or get paid nothing.
Auto parts manufacturing. Build it wrong, don't get paid for it.
I can go on and on.

Why is it PSO's fault that the translator is so stupid as to do all this work up front with no pre-payment? If the translator doesn't ask for it, that's his problem not PSO's. It's also not PSO's responsibility to point out every imperfection, which in a translation of this size could potentially be enormous. If PSO says "the Russian translations are screwed up, fix it", then that should be enough. It's the translators job to translate, not PSO's. PSO hired the translator...to translate! "Quality" in this case means that someone properly educated in the language, someone who understands proper sentence structure and grammar, is the translator. Then, that person must take the time to execute the translation properly. If these things cannot be accomplished by the translator who's agreed to the terms, he's the one at fault for that.

PPP, let's not get this heated. I've always respected what I've read from you, and truly this has nothing to do with you or me anyway.

TheDonk

What are you saying brother. You said "If PSO says "the Russian translations are screwed up, fix it", then that should be enough. It's the translators job to translate, not PSO's. PSO hired the translator...to translate! " ......did I rejected the amendments they demanded?


Please, please note that they asked for amendments and I AGREED. And they DID NOT sent any document and after sometime said the next translations are ok and will let me know if anything needs to be fixed. They still DID NOT sent any material instead deducted money from our hard work! How can you blame us TheDonk??
Reply With Quote