View Single Post
  #33  
Old 09-27-2007, 03:34 AM
akhil_jks akhil_jks is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerProp View Post
I read the whole thing and it don't make sense to me. Usually when hiring a translator you would also hire a native speaking that language to monitor the work - Not doing so as the files are coming in its not really fair.

Hopefully akhil_jks in the future you'll do something to protect yourself from this. An idea might be to do something like have clients fax a contract that says they have 7 days to review work and send payment for each batch of work sent. This way your getting confirmation the work is satisfactory and payment for it much sooner.

After reading this whole thread I see plenty of reason for both sides to feel they were screwed. I think PSO has more share of blame though in how this transaction went bad because like I already mentioned I don't know how a company spends this much on translations without having a native speaker of that language assigned to monitor work as it comes through. If there is a problem with the work stop it right away.

Hope you guys get this straightened out though in some way or another. I'm sure neither will make the same mistake again, to bad it was such a big one that got posted on a public forum where people might chose sides.

Dear Pokerprop,

Thanks for your comments. As you might have seen the emails I have posted recently in this thread, you might have noticed how much sincerity and flexibility I put in this business relation. Please tell me one thing- if I was ready to do all the corrections as pso requested, when I emailed them again n again to send me the docs to proof read then why didnt they sent even a single document?

It wont affect me or Mike if someone takes his or my side. I just want all of you to see who is guilty. When I was ready to provide them what they demanded, why didnt they bothered to send me any doc to be corrected?

I do business based on trust and faith, I never impose "hard" terms and conditions over my clients and thats why all my clients feel comfortable when they work with me and thats why I have so many clients in this industry who send work so frequently. This is the first time in our 5 years in this business that someone screwed me like that.
Reply With Quote