Quote:
Originally Posted by offyourface
After reading that book above, I do think you made a good effort to make things right. However I don't agree that because you negotiated a deal that didn't make you as much profit as normal, that this gives you the license to deliver less than quality work. You promised him one thing, but delivered another. And now your asking him to pay for something he did not receive which was quality - proofread work. The key being proofread work, that was part of the contract. However don't misunderstand me, I think PSO should have certainly proofed his own order, at the very least on a limited scale. I will never understand how you spend that kind of money on translations and proof toward the end of the project.
I think you probably are a good company and you have good intentions, and its a shame how this has turned out for both of you. But for a company that sends the work first and collects the money last, you have to be absolutely sure your delivering what your promising. I am not saying you had it coming to you, only that you should have protected this order with a small investment in some proofreading and alot of it could have been avoided assuming the work is subpar like pso says it is. Just as pso should have done the same on his end. I wish you both good luck, I could argue either side here.
|
Thanks "offyourface" for your reply.
As I have said before, I requested mike and scott not one or two times but many a times to send me ANY documents to be amended and I'll get it done as per they want it to be. You can see this in the emails.
You are saying that we promised something and delivered some other thing.....when I was ready to do it as they want, why they didnt sent me the files to be amended, can you please answer this? When I'm ready to provide them what I promised(by proof reading documents again by paying my guys again) then why they didnt replied or sent even a single document. As you can see the dates, they didnt sent any stuff and straight forward told me that they will deduct 15k$!!
You said "you should have protected this order with a small investment in some proofreading and alot of it could have been avoided assuming the work is subpar"......I was 100% ready to invest money in proofreading brother! Check the emails..!