View Single Post
  #26  
Old 09-27-2007, 02:48 AM
offyourface offyourface is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_jks View Post
Dear "offyourface",


Please check the emails I just posted, you will come to know that I was ready to do any changes when mike told me. And he or his translations manager didnt sent any docs to me and I asked them again and again for it. Do you still think we are to be blamed for this?


When you work for 8 cents per word, you don't save much profit. I have lost all my profit in this project and I had no option other than posting the incident here to let all know what this company has done with me. And I have been advised by many of my clients to post it here, if I wanted, I could have sold PSO's unpublished content to someone only for revenge and I could have earned much more than PSO deducted without any solid reason. But I'm not a 3rd grade person who will do it and I would prefer to go with truth, which is visible in the emails I posted here.
After reading that book above, I do think you made a good effort to make things right. However I don't agree that because you negotiated a deal that didn't make you as much profit as normal, that this gives you the license to deliver less than quality work. You promised him one thing, but delivered another. And now your asking him to pay for something he did not receive which was quality - proofread work. The key being proofread work, that was part of the contract. However don't misunderstand me, I think PSO should have certainly proofed his own order, at the very least on a limited scale. I will never understand how you spend that kind of money on translations and proof toward the end of the project.

I think you probably are a good company and you have good intentions, and its a shame how this has turned out for both of you. But for a company that sends the work first and collects the money last, you have to be absolutely sure your delivering what your promising. I am not saying you had it coming to you, only that you should have protected this order with a small investment in some proofreading and alot of it could have been avoided assuming the work is subpar like pso says it is. Just as pso should have done the same on his end. I wish you both good luck, I could argue either side here.
Reply With Quote