
Akhilesh,
While I eagerly wait for you to report what I have “done with you” I’ll go ahead and post the feedback that I’ve gotten from 2 of the 3 members of this board that I sent sample files to. While one of them hasn’t given me permission to publicly discuss this yet, the other one has.
“Bahh” – a “senior member” of these boards was kind enough to review some sample Swedish content that Akhilesh sent us. Bahh is a resident of Sweden and native Swedish speaker, so I’m guessing that his opinion on the translations is qualified. Again, Bahh has given me permission to report his findings and quote him in this post.
Here is what he had to say:
“Mike,
I have read though the sample and here are a couple of comments;
*There are lots of grammatical errors for example the punctuation are
done in the wrong way. The main issue are the commas "comma signs" - these are repeatedly placed in the wrong places.
*The language is very stiff, especially regarding the review section. Generally, reviews should be written in a interesting and attention grabbing way. The main problem with this review is that its translated word by word and not in regards to the meaning of the words.
*Some words are not words a Swedish person would use or understand. A lot of words are very old are used anymore. Other words are incomprehensible.
*There are many spelling errors. This document should be going through a simple spell-check in Word.
*Poker definitions are translated incorrectly. I don’t think the translator has experience within the poker/gambling field.
*BTW: The chapter describing how to deposit money does not make any sense. Since its vital that the reader understands this part, I would redo the entire section.
To be honest with you, I would not publish this material. The content is not comprehensive and you have to concentrate to understand the meaning of some sentences. Additionally, the language is not geared towards your target group. If I were you I would ask your translator to redo this entirely. If you need any further help with reviewing sample translations or if you need any gambling translations done, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Best regards”
Additionally, I have gotten a reply from a member who is a native German speaker. However, I have not received permission from this individual yet to reveal his name. If / once I do I will post that here. However, I will post his comments below:
“i ve had a quick look. Most parts of the translation are crap, i have even seen worse but still...
The person who translated the English into German most likely wasnt a native german speaker... grammar (sentence structure) is really awful... i mean i would even be able to do some changes with the corrected version... ;-)
Generally speaking i have to agree with you, noone could charge that much money for such a translation...”
|