View Single Post
  #13  
Old 09-26-2007, 01:39 PM
TheDean TheDean is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 29
Default

A pity that we have to do this in public but its the only place I can get you to respond.


You made me a deal to take over the site and run it. At the time I was offering to sell it to others and you talked me out of that:


"


Reply
Reply to all Forward Print Add Anthony to Contacts list Delete this message Report phishing Show original Message text garbled?
from Anthony J Martino
hide details Feb 23

to Degen

date
Feb 23, 2007 12:01 PM

subject
Hey, don't sell RakeReport.net, got an idea

mailed-by
comcast.net
Hey Bill,

I saw that you posted something about valuing a website for sale on 2+2 and figured you meant RakeReport.net

My regular work schedule should be somewhere around 40-50 hr/week. With RakeReport.net I wouldn’t need to be dealing with tons of customers on a constant basis, so here’s what I was thinking:

I stay on as Manager for RakeReport.net and take charge of attempting to grow the business, since you don’t have the time with the success of your other sites. It would be an opportunity for me to develop myself in marketing, SEO, etc. and earn some extra scratch on the side.

Considering the viewpoint that a number of the affiliates have of RakeReport.net (because of the RakeAid.com connection), perhaps we could spin it and make it appear like I’ve purchased the site from you (i.e. customers don’t realize you’re connected with the site still)

We still make sure that RakeAid.com gets good placement, but not the top spot constantly because that would be too suspicious. I believe you said you were getting some decent signups from the site, but if you sell it off you’ll lose out on those new players and potential profits from listings at the site.

I would want the ability to create my own plans for how to advertise, develop the listing fee’s, etc. This way I wouldn’t need to constantly bother you with questions about it and you could just sit back and have money coming in.

Obviously it would make sense to set things up so that I have incentive to grow the revenue for the site. Here’s what I was thinking:

Under 5K Monthly Revenue: I earn 20% of site profits

5-10K Monthly Revenue: 20% on first 5K profit, 30% on anything after that up to 10K

10K-15K Monthly Revenue: 20% first 5K, 30% next 5K, 40% next 5K

15-20K Monthly Revenue: 20% first 5K, 30% next 5K, 40% next 5K, 50% last 5K



Examples:

2K monthly revenue: $400 to me/$1,600 to you

7K Monthly Revenue: $1,600 to me/$5,400 to you

13K Monthly Revenue: $3,700 to me/$9,300 to you

19K Monthly Revenue: $6,500 to me/$12,500 to you


Now, when I mention the revenue, I mean after ALL expenses. So I would expect you to deduct any costs associated with the site, such as (but not limited too):
  • Site Hosting Fee’s
  • Site Registration of www.rakereport.net yearly
  • Contract Work (Craig performing site updates/maintenance, etc)
I would likely tell affiliates that I (Anthony Martino, wouldn’t use AJ) am the new owner, and I’m a long-time poster on 2+2 under the name grandgnu, etc. Try to build a trusting relationship and get more traffic and revenue going.

Pretty much, I only get paid if you’re getting paid. You would still own the site (although you may want to change the registration info for it, so that people like Beanie don’t investigate and start bad mouthing the operation)

Lemme know what you think.

AJ




Reply Forward Invite Anthony to Google Mail













Reply
Reply to all Forward Print Add to Contacts list Delete this message Report phishing Show original Message text garbled?
"[email protected]"
to Anthony
show details
Feb 23


done

you call the shots now, tell me what to do

also RakeAid's spot has to be free and it can't be lower than 3rd"


That was our agreement. Possibly you even intended to keep that. But being myself, after we made that agreement, I continued to ride you about small details and be a jerk to you. The very reason you quit working for me on multiple occasions.

I'm sorry for that, I really am. You aren't the only person I've had problems with due to my methods, and you wont be the last. In many instances this works in my favor (I'm far from busto FYI, I'm currently travelling the tourney circuit direct buying into 10k events...), and in many it makes people hate me. You were one of those people.

The fact remains that I have great ideas, one of them was RakeReport.net. Another was rakeaid, it is a hugely successful site and I recently turned down a $500k+ offer to sell it. I have other ventures that are blowing up beyond belief now. I'm quite good at what I do. Dealing with people, I'm not so good at.

I'm sorry I've pissed you off so much and as well for attacking you so many times over this. I just want what is right and what we agreed to. I offered you today to pay me $1000 for everything you owed me since March and to give me 25% of revenue going forward. Thats far less than we had agreed to but given the circumstances, I'd be willing to live with that. Just transfer me the money online and we don't have to have any contact.

Yes I am a huge jerk and have been bad to you, but we had an agreement and you should honor it AJ.
__________________