View Single Post
  #1  
Old 09-05-2007, 09:26 AM
Zilla Zilla is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: U.K
Posts: 191
Default Transfer of .co.uk Domain to .com

This is a question for the SEO guru's out there (PPP etc..)


I have an established .co.uk website which is a high PR site (PR5) with quite a lot of backlinks and reasonable traffic.

If I was to purchase the .com of this domain:
  1. Is there any serious benefit in the serps with a .com over a .co.uk
  2. Obviously I could do a redirect to convert the .co.uk to the .com but what effects would this have in the serps?
  3. Would the redirect also transfer all backlinks coming into the .co.uk to the .com or would I effectively be starting from scratch with backlinks.
It will cost me quite alot to purchase the .com so I need to understand the benefits if there are any to converting the site to the .com. Long term vs short term etc etc.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Adrian.
__________________
iPokerGroup Network - Online Poker Strategy | Online Poker Freerolls | Full Tilt Poker | Johnny Chan Poker

Free PAW Freeroll listing script - Increase your conversions and list up-to-date PAW freeroll listings to your users. Full Details here
Reply With Quote