Writing Honest Reviews and Conversions
I was reading a really good article last week about affiliates and things that we can do, honest reviews being one of them.
The majority of reviews I have found online hype the rooms up to no extent. I would also say half of them are exaggerated with little attention paid to detail. When I write reviews I try to pay attention to these details, even the items that a reader could really care less about but make a point to include it. Now I try to make them as honest as possible while making the room seem intersting and the reader hopefully wanting to play. I think you need to be somewhat biased if you are going to comment on how a room performs, but how honest is to honest?
When it comes down to saying "So and so;s support team is very poor. Emails take longer than 3 days to be responded to....."
Or ' So and so software has frequent timeouts, "
When really you know damn well that the support issues are inexcusable, and being booted off a site and blocked out due to tech issues at least one game each time you play.
The two examples above are from some of the more well known rooms and are still relevant issues(one of them so bad that I closed my account because of it and havent looked back). So to be honest you need to include these, how do you do it without making them sound worthless and making the reader run.
Looking on the opposite side of it telling the reader exactly how it is will give you a level of trust in return for the honesty. You would hope they would come back for this.
The reason I am asking all this is I am considering trying out a different approach of being totally honest without rewording it so it doesnt sound so bad. Possibly adding an area where the rooms could use improvement as I see it.
Suggestions or comments?
__________________
Last edited by kaus : 08-30-2007 at 07:37 PM.
|