View Single Post
  #8  
Old 08-27-2007, 09:32 PM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is offline
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,190
Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

I am probably biased because my long standing hate for DMOZ. But to think this "couldn't have happened is silly"

I'm not going to get on another useless tangent like I usually do, and I'll just try to stay on topic. Who knows if Jeremy did this just for link bait, I suppose anything is possible. But Shoemoney is a very well respected affiliate outside of our little bubble in the affiliate marketing world. It would seem like a bad PR move for his own reputation to bullshit about it. But hey there again who knows.

Considering he just sold Auction Ads for a huge chunk of money though. It just doesn't seem like a topic you would bullshit about as a simple link baiting tactic to increase your traffic and adsense revenue on one simple blog.

There is proof at archive.org that he WAS listed in DMOZ and now he is not. Perhaps he is just pissed about being removed, but if you think that a story like this about DMOZ is preposterous and simply could never happen to a fine upstanding organization like this, I hate to say it, but you have been living under a rock.

I would bet the house, the kids, and everything I own that there are isolated incidents of corruption like this at DMOZ. If I were going to try to extort someone for 5 dimes, it would probably be a big webmaster whom I knew was working with 7 figures. That's all, flame away.


P.S. Randy and PPP, can we still respect each other in the morning?
__________________
My Poker Affiliate Blog - Be Entertained

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."

Last edited by Jeremy : 08-27-2007 at 09:38 PM.
Reply With Quote