View Single Post
  #11  
Old 08-21-2007, 07:44 PM
edmc edmc is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,089
Send a message via Yahoo to edmc
Default

pokerbank, I had my 1st amazing compute experience on atari playing tennis. I had nothing to work on. yeah I think you are right about doing it as a hobby and googling. Its still a hard slog. I learn every day about websites, but very slowly & make big bloomers along the way. If found the seo part more interesting, the easiest to work out on a basic level and it reeps more benefits. I think for any new affiliate, they need to just get a blog or a simple looking website & work on their serps rankings for a page at a time.

for a total internet newbie

1) set up a blog
2) write daily
3) check your hits on google
4) read up on seo techniques
5) work out how to improve your page in the serps
6) look at other terms that are getting hits and write a page around those terms
7) avoid web design and buy a website
8) add your blog to your new website
Reply With Quote