Thanks mftpg for your response. I have a brand new site and am a brand new affiliate so you're right, it would be difficult to guarantee a seat.
I just had another idea on how it might work. Chipleader, the affiliate program for AP and UB, have a large bonus for new affiliates in their MGR program.
- Rake over $1,000 in your first full month and get a $100 bonus
- Rake over $5,000 in your first full month and get a $500 bonus
- Rake over $10,000 in your first full month and get a $1,500 bonus
- Rake over $20,000 in your first full month and get a $2,500 bonus
- Rake over $50,000 in your first full month and get a $10,000 bonus
What if I did the promo as "The person who plays the most raked hands at level 'x' or higher will win a seat"
In the promo details it would specify that a seat to the Championship Event would only be guaranteed if the total rake generated is $50k or more. Otherwise the winner will receive a buy-in to one of the $1000 events.
If it doesn't work out like this I may end up doing the Bodog promo as you suggested.