View Single Post
  #2  
Old 05-18-2007, 07:00 PM
Kyle Kyle is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,052
Default

I totally agree. Over a year ago 5 of my friends all moved to China to teach English for a nice opportunity one of their dad's had rolling. I almost went too until I found out the 2 months contract turned into 2 years and these guys loved every bit of it so there was no turning back. I just couldn't be in China for that long.

Since a couple of my buddies who left had recently tried me to get them into poker affiliating, we decided to attack the Chinese market by doing off line promotions in Macau. We set up some bs poker portal named magikpoker.com or something like that but what they found was they were blocked from nearly every single major poker room. Their ISP would not even let them access them so there is your first problem. I shortly aborted the mission and in time they let it go too.

The second problem that you said is so very true. Fraud is huge in these countries, in every industry not just poker. If someone puts down $200 on their credit card in a poor town in China and loses it at the casino you can bet your ass they will be charging back at a much higher rate than those in the western culture because $200 American is worth a lot more in China.

I am in no means racist and living in Toronto have grown up with many Asian friends. But I feel I need to further prove why I think it is a bad market. Years ago, when I was 17 or so, I ran multiple PTR (paid to read email) sites. The payouts for the members in these type of operations are very low < $10 and the owner reaps all the benefits because of the setup. The amount of fraud from China and other parts of Asia, however, was ridiculous. Now you have to consider that they were trying to scam me for $10 a pop.... and payment was once a month! I literally had hundreds of scammers pass through and it was dead easy to catch them too... That being said, I can only imagine that casino fraud from these countries would be through the roof, as a) the reward is much greater and b) you often do get paid out when bonus hunting on casinos.
__________________
Affiliate Marketing Blog

Last edited by Kyle : 05-18-2007 at 07:06 PM.
Reply With Quote