View Single Post
  #1   Spam Kill
Old 05-12-2007, 04:30 PM
chrisptp chrisptp is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 32
Default Free content for backlinks

Hi

I have solid, original poker content to offer for free.

This content will be yours to use exclusively and won't be posted anywhere else (unelss someone scrapes it from your site, obv).

All I want in return is three backlinks from within the body of the article. I'll supply the details. You won't be linking to anything sketchy, just sites like www.parttimepoker.com and www.dailyhandquiz.com. Also, I would like for the article to be link to from your home page.

Here's a sample from one of the articles I have available. Email me at if you'd like to discuss this further:

Tournaments or Cash Games – Which are Right for You?

Players who are just starting off in the world of online poker are faced with a pretty critical decision right at the start – do you want to be a tournament player or a cash game player? While tournaments and cash games have many similarities, they also have some substantial differences - some would actually argue that the two are entirely different games altogether! While I’m not going to go so far as to make that claim, I do believe that the two types of poker are different enough that most people are naturally better suited for one or the other. What I’d like to do in this article is to introduce you to some of the ways in which cash games and tournaments differ, and hopefully give you a solid starting point for deciding where you should focus your time and energy (not to mention your bankroll).

Before I get started, let me make it clear that I’m not trying to say that you must play either tournaments or cash games exclusively – there are plenty of players who engage in both on a regular basis. However, I would suggest that, especially as a newer player, you’ll save yourself a lot of headaches if you focus primarily on one over the other. Trying to devote equal time and energy to both simultaneously can easily lead to a muddling of your strategic development, a slowing of your rate of improvement, and a decrease in your overall profitability.

Ok, so which game is right for you? To help you answer that question, let’s talk about three of the fundamental differences between tournament poker and cash game poker: Duration, Variance and Predictability.

Difference one: Duration
First, let’s talk about duration, one of the most obvious and important points where holdem tournaments and cash games diverge. Put simply, tournaments require a larger time commitment (at least in the short term) than cash games. An average-size online poker tournament will take anywhere from three to twelve hours to complete, which for some people is a pretty long time to sit still. The duration of tournaments can be a serious issue for people who have crowded schedules or problems with extended focus – especially since the longer you play, the more focused you need to be. Even the shortest forms of tournaments, such as sit and go’s or turbo tournaments, require you to play through to a predetermined ending point. Cash games, on the other hand, can be exited entirely at your whim. Just took a terrible beat and you’d like to go for a walk? Just got a phone call with an invitation to something that sounds like more fun than poker? Neither presents a problem if you’re sitting in a cash game, but both present a bit of a dilemma if you’re in the middle of a tournament.

Difference Two: Variance
The second critical difference is the issue of variance. As just about any poker player will tell you, tournaments involve a little more luck than cash games, at least in terms of immediate results. Remember, one bad hand in a tournament can lead to
__________________
Part Time Poker - Poker Propping, Strategy, Poker Jokes | Funny Poker T-Shirts
Reply With Quote