View Single Post
  #1  
Old 05-04-2007, 04:08 PM
domino66 domino66 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 9
Default Advantages to keeping page at 800px width??

My web designer, when i mentioned that I wanted to widen my page when i had him re-design it strongly cautioned that he recommended keeping it at 800px wide (which is what i had before, and i thought that it was too narrow).

When I asked him why, he gave me reasons along the lines of compatibility with older browsers, smaller monitors, and handheld devices, etc.

But the more I look around at other affiliate sites, it seems that most sites ARE wider than 800px...most are 900 - 1200, and some are just a variable 100% of browser width.

I feel like I could get more info across with a slightly wider site...and it would be more spaced out -- are there any advantages to, as my designer recommends, keeping it at 800 px wide? Or are we at a point now where most ppl have larger LCD monitors that i really should feel OK about a wider site?
Reply With Quote