View Single Post
  #11  
Old 05-02-2007, 07:36 AM
Graham's Avatar
Graham Graham is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 791
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerProp View Post
Some people have little integrity when money is involved. I've purchased 2 different sites on PAW before for BIN prices only to have another member outbid me, and I ended up paying more: You both know who you are (sellers and buyers).

Personally I think its just wrong to try bidding more, in a support community like this, when a seller decides to go back on his word or to tempt a seller to do so.

I have first page google rankings on the main keyword this guy who contact seller after we worked out payment terms was looking to market. When he contacted me about buying an ad slot that was available - I just said "sorry not interested in doing business with your site". no need to remind him about the time he cost me extra money buying a site, just chose to never do business with someone like that.
I agree, I avoid doing any business with people who don't have any integrity by staying true to their word. If they aren't going to honor what they say, then what makes you think they will honor the sale itself.

As for the question "If your not bidding on this in the first place what does it have to do with you?"... I was actually considering to bid on your site until I saw what you did. This is why I brought it up. Since this is a public message board, I sometimes feel it necessary to voice my opinion. Maybe you didn't consider what you were doing to be wrong, and maybe by me bringing it up you may have reconsidered and given the original person who offered you the BIN price a chance to buy it once again. But I guess both of these people have now retracted their bids, possibly due to the adjusting BIN.
__________________
Poker Babes - Poker Videos - Poker News

"Good things come to those who wait, but only the things left over by those who hustle."
- President Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote