View Single Post
  #4  
Old 04-25-2007, 04:28 AM
JohnG JohnG is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 177
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillshadow View Post
Also, I don't mention PokerNews anywhere on my site. I mention the date and time of the freeroll, but I don't need to list the title. Online poker players bothering to sign up for a poker room because of a special WSOP freeroll will certainly be savvy enough to find the correct tournament. I'm sure that there aren't ever 2 WSOP freerolls at the same time at the same site.
I have to disagree with you on that point. Perhaps if your page was ranking very well for "WSOP Freeroll Tournaments", than you could reasonably assume that players may have knowledge of where to look for the tournament. What if a new online poker player comes to your site and sees that promo and decides hey, why not sign up through you, I get to play in a WSOP freeroll. This player may have no knowledge that he/she needs to go to the special or private tournaments tab to find the freeroll.

I think you are taking a risk by not advertising the name of the tournament. Although the chances are very low that two qualifiers would run at the same time, if a person signs up through you and can't find the tournament they will be upset and probably never go to your site again.
__________________
Online Blackjack | Blackjack Strategy | Blackjack Odds


Reply With Quote