View Single Post
  #3  
Old 04-25-2007, 03:47 AM
stillshadow stillshadow is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 627
Default

I think that a simple solution to the issue of sending players to a PokerNews page to read about the freerolls is to make a page on your own site with the tournament dates. That's what I do. Not only do you keep visitors at your site, but you can customize it to show only those sites you promote through the network. I probably wouldn't promote the freerolls at all if I had to send visitors away from my site to sign up.

Also, I don't mention PokerNews anywhere on my site. I mention the date and time of the freeroll, but I don't need to list the title. Online poker players bothering to sign up for a poker room because of a special WSOP freeroll will certainly be savvy enough to find the correct tournament. I'm sure that there aren't ever 2 WSOP freerolls at the same time at the same site.

I do agree that timestamps would be a nice feature for statistics but it isn't too big of an issue for me. The new cashier system is much better and bank wire was an important addition. Regarding banners, I would be interested if custom banners were made to promote the freerolls. Otherwise, just sign into the direct affiliate login and grab the standard ones. Or even post a banner request here as I'm sure someone could help out.
Reply With Quote