View Single Post
  #2  
Old 04-25-2007, 02:29 AM
Graham's Avatar
Graham Graham is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 993
Default

I agree with most of the things John said and we were actually speaking about this earlier. I think its great that we get to offer WSOP freerolls, but looking at it from someone coming to my sites' view, if I saw that these are all PokerNews.com freerolls, I would probably sign-up directly with PokerNews.com as Pokernews.com sounds a little more trustworthy than a third-party kind of site.

I would also like to make the following other suggestions... Please don't take any of these as I am bad-mouthing the PAW network as I think it is great, but here are my suggestions that I think will make a lot more people comfortable to use the network:

1) Make the affiliate back-end look nicer. I know this sounds really stupid, but for something that probably generates (or will generate) hundreds of thousands of dollars, I think a nicer look helps build that "trust factor" that everything is legit. Right now it looks like it was made in about 10 minutes, which makes me wonder if all the programming side of it was also done in the same short period of time. I am not doubting that it is accurate as I trust Jeremy and believe that the PokerNews team has no reason to play with numbers as they are still making money off every player that we send, but I think it would be nice to make it look a little "prettier".

2) Top priority... put date stamps of when the stats were last updated. It takes a second to do, and I don't see why this is not done already.

3) Easier access to banners. I know they are there for some sites, but nothing is "easy to use".

These are a few things off the top of my head. I am sure I will come up with more later.
__________________
*** Advertising Offer: Let Me Review Your Sites ***

Free Poker Money - Poker Babes - Poker Videos - Poker News - Poker Affiliate Tips

"Good things come to those who wait, but only the things left over by those who hustle."
- President Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote