View Single Post
  #8  
Old 04-16-2007, 08:54 PM
Dave Dave is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 502
Default

You have to look at it from the companies point of view.

20% of their affiliates probably produce 80% of results.

Over worked affiliate mangers have to prioritise.

They can't waste valuable time answering emails and setting up private tournaments etcetera for affiliates who aren't producing profitable results for the company.

The problem is anyone with internet access can sign up for an affiliate program in just a couple minutes and then do little in the way of promoting. The numbers add up.

I'm certainly guilty of this, I get emails almost daily from programs I signed up to years ago in every niche under the sun..... stating that I am being dropped for not producing decent results.

It's fat trimming time in the entire online business world as competition increases and profits are tougher to achieve than in the past.

Never forget that as an affiliate....... you are in a business partnership with the host company.

As a business owner would you use your companies limited, valuable resources on relationships that were semi-profitable....... or those that are highly profitable?

I don't like it any more than you guy's but that's the bottom line, and the wave of the future for affiliate marketing in my opinion.

Janet, where are you on V.I?

I'm in Victoria on the Gorge.
Reply With Quote