Thread: Homepage Review
View Single Post
  #2   Spam Kill
Old 04-14-2007, 06:01 AM
losercore losercore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,196
Default

The new one without a doubt. Here's why:
  • I don't like the flashing "player bios" animation on original
  • I don't like the seperation of US and non US rooms (BFB in my opinion)
  • I like the 3 new small text areas for events, news, ect...
  • More text means more SEO on new design
However, there are a few things I would keep from the original:
  • The small chips image (The one where the are in a line) That's a great image for headers. Incorporate those somehow.
  • Keep the large chip image and wrap the text around it for you intro text at the top right.
Opinion that must be changed:

If you are going to us the US flags/ Non US flag option, then make them smaller. Right now they are way too big. This should just be an extra at this point. Just so a US player does not choose a room they cannot play at. not as an advertising gimmick. Also the non US flags having a black background looks as though you are outcasting rooms that do not accept US players. Again, BFB if you ask me.

Some say do not us the flags at all because you are saying that you are a site for US players. I think not. if your traffic is US based mostly then do something to keep players up to date on where they can play. but don;t seperate them like you did in the first one.

Otherwise looking strong.
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "
"You think I got where I am today because I dressed like Peter Pan over here? "
Reply With Quote