View Single Post
  #8  
Old 04-06-2007, 08:03 AM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is online now
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,582
Send a message via MSN to Jeremy Send a message via Yahoo to Jeremy Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

Brandon, you and I have talked in great detail about this. Although for selfish reasons I would have loved to see you take the job in Dublin. I also hold your values in high regard.

You can make all the money in the world or be the CEO of a Fortune 100 company, but at the end of the day you need to have your priorities straight and realize why you work.

Everything I do in this industry and other business ventures is solely to provide a great life for my wife and children. Hence if you see me offline on the weekends or I miss a conference, it is because I am spending time with them.

Also as an entrepreneur, you have to keep in mind that you're career path and goals will change often, as well as your income. This is just part of the game. I see every failure as a learning experience, and every success as a catapult to greater successes. Maybe you'll find the online real estate industry way more lucrative and start climbing that corporate ladder. Or perhaps you'll wind up working with a poker operator in the long run.

The beauty is that your still young enough that you can take these risks and have some fun while you're doing it. Either way I know you well enough that being a poker affiliate is in your blood and that you'll still be here every day.
__________________
My two favorite quotes:

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote