View Single Post
  #1  
Old 04-05-2007, 10:21 PM
Brandon's Avatar
Brandon Brandon is offline
Affiliate Manager - Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: California
Posts: 1,911
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Send a message via MSN to Brandon Send a message via Skype™ to Brandon
Default Update on What I am Doing - Long

As many of you know I have been waiting for the right position to show its self to me. I have been to many interviews and on a couple of trips, but I have finally landed.

I'll start with the decision first.

Last week I spent the weekend in Dublin, Ireland meeting with one of the industry leaders in the poker world for an open Affiliate Manager position. I had an absolutely wonderful time and left there 95% sure I was going to take this position. This was the position I move out of the country for...

Moving out of the country does not just effect me, it also changes the life path for my Fiance as well. As most of you know she is in her dream position with a prominent NCAA conference and couldn't be happier. So if I moved, she would be forced to leave this position after our wedding in August and basically put all her eggs into my basket. She said she would be 100% on board with this...what a fiance huh?

Before I left for Dublin I was given a very appealing offer from a company called HomeGain. They are the #2 real estate website in the country with over 5 million uniques a month. My role would be Business Development Manager and would head up their partner (affiliate) program. This is a great opportunity and it is 15 minutes away from where I live now, so my fiance could now continue her career as well.

So I was stuck...dream position...or great position that leaves me with my fiance, family, and friends...?????

This was by far the hardest decision of my life, no matter what I chose I know I would be happy, but this decision changes my life path forever.

Well, I after speaking it over with countless family members and friends, I ultimately decided to accept the position with HomeGain. It was very bittersweet because I cannot tell you how great the team in Dublin was and how amazing it would be to work with them. But I decided to chose the best for the team (Fiance and I) and for my family.

So I want to introduce the new Business Development Manager for HomeGain.com... Me

And lastly, I wanted to share with you that I will also be consulting with a new poker room starting next week I believe so I am not leaving the industry whatsoever. This was a big factor in my decision knowing that I could still work with all of you incredible affiliates/friends.

I look forward to the challenges ahead, and glad that I can spend more time with my family and friends.

Like always I am available to answer any and every question you may have, so just add me to one of your messenger services. If any of you want to create a real estate site let me know...there is a lot of money in this industry.

Sincerely,

Brandon Berndt
__________________
Brandon Berndt
Affiliate Program Director
ChanPoker.com
ChanPoker Affiliate Sign Up
Skype: BrandonBerndt
Msn:
AIM: BrandonBerndt
Reply With Quote