View Single Post
  #7   Spam Kill
Old 03-28-2007, 07:03 PM
losercore losercore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,184
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePokerBank View Post
I would also like to know a little about this.

I have got an entire site (60+ pages) that is based around the exact same template except for the index page which is slightly different. Would I have to alter each existing page to another format, so that when I change one editable region of the template, it will have an affect on the rest of the pages?

I hope someone catches my drift.

If you never started with a template in the begging then yes. By template I mean creating the file as a template in Dreamweaver. you will need to alter each page. But what you do is a find and replace on the entire site. Copy the code you want changed, added whatever and do a find and replace throught the whole site. This is dangerous so make a copy of your site folder before so you can always go back. It works great though.
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "
"You think I got where I am today because I dressed like Peter Pan over here? "
Reply With Quote