
Let me try and slow this down for you:
Sure, if done properly, the 1000 links will bring you traffic. You might see some minor shifts in the SERPS in 1 - 2 weeks but nothing major for at least 90 days. In the fast world of internet marketing that doesn't count as buying links for traffic reasons. Yes you will see traffic from it , but not immediately and that is what I was referring to. (I know, reading between the lines must be hard for you when you don't read the lines themselves)
As for SEO being part of marketing I still say it isn't. To me marketing means selling the product, making the lead or sale.
SEO puts your product in front of eyeballs. SEO surely has little to do with marketing when it can't sell a product. You can have a #1 ranking on google for your term and still not sell a thing.
You are assuming that search engine traffic, especially targeted traffic, magically equals sales. You are wrong.
I compare this to my friend opening up his new bar downtown. It is in an incredibly busy college student area so his target customers are already walking outside his door by the hundreds.
But is that part of marketing? Maybe so but obviously a small part. It still doesnt sell the product. He's got the people walking by but that doesnt equal any $ does it? If people dont like what they see on the inside, when the conversions start taking place, they are going to go somewhere else equally easily accessible to get what they want.
In addition to SEO you need a very solid marketing plan to be successful on the the internet, because SEO doesn't sell for you. I have made enough money off the internet that I don't need to wiki common terms either, for me experience trumps all and the bottom line is marketing = sales , something which is different from SEO.
You can sit here and pick apart the english language and twist my words around till you are blue in the face but it's not going to make you any money or slow down mine in any way. If you want to continue this chat over a beer in Amsterdam, at the Casino Affiliate Convention coming up in may , I will be happy to do that!
Last edited by Kyle : 03-24-2007 at 01:35 PM.
|