View Single Post
  #2   Spam Kill
Old 03-19-2007, 08:17 PM
Bryan Bryan is offline
Ex - Poker Affiliate
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 316
Default

Ok. This might sound a little harsh and I see it's your first post so welcome, but if you're truly looking for help on why it's not succeeding here ya go...

1. You need to have a professional redesign your site. Or at the very least do a search for some good website software if you're not familiar with writing code. I'm sure plenty of people here have some tips on the best and easiest to use ones.

As you have the site now it's very tough on the eyes and has no real structure. It looks like a site one would see back in say 1996. Again, not trying to put you down as we all started somewhere, but I'm just being honest. I know my first site wasn't so pretty and often check it out at archive.org for a good laugh.

2. SEO wise... it's a mess. No one will ever find you based on the title tags of each page. Make them specific to what your pages content is, then look at it again to see if there's a extra word you might be able to add to then rank higher in the SE's. For instance your poker page has a title tag of "Poker". Well, that's all great and good, but do you have any idea how many sites are going for the term "poker"? 116 million just in Google to be exact. It will never happen my friend. Be more specific! Find niches.

3. Write great original content. Something I'm falling behind on as we speak. Search engines and users alike love original, great content. Plus this will get more people to link to your pages which creates not only more traffic, but better SE rankings.

4. Add an RSS feed and also submit your site or ping all the major blog searches, social bookmarking sites about your updated content. Also submit your site to google sitemaps.

5. Read this forum! Really read through it for days if not weeks and study and take notes. There's a huge amount of great, useful information by some of the best in the industry here, so please take advantage of it. There's also plenty of other newbies here who have posted about their mistakes and what did and didn't work, so also take advantage of that as it will save you quite a bit of time.

I see by reading your site you are a stay at home mom and are doing this for some side money which is great, so again don't take anything I've said to harshly as I'm just trying to help you make the necessary changes.

I'm sure others will also give some great advice.

Good luck with the site and again definitely read through as many pages of this forum as possible.

Bryan
__________________
Half of getting what you want is knowing what you have to give up to get it. Bill Phillips
Reply With Quote