View Single Post
  #1   Spam Kill
Old 03-14-2007, 11:17 AM
JohnG JohnG is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 159
Default Will Vegas Casinos Ever Go Online?

Just wanted to get some thoughts and opinions as to whether anyone thinks the big players like MGM, etc will ever take their businesses online. I know this is somewhat hypothetical right now due to the current legislation, but it seems like an obvious market for the major forces in Vegas to look into for the future. Imagine a Bellagio branded poker room for American players to play at online, I can only begin to imagine the potential if something like this were to happen. I know this is a complex issue but surely with the money and expertise of the staff that these organization can afford to employ there is a way for them to execute this and make it taxable as well as legal in the eyes of the government. Personally I think it would be great if the US gov re-visited the issue and legalized online gambling to US based entities with known reputations. This would cut out the tax-free operating environments and afford US consumers the luxury of playing with a trusted brand. Once again, I know there is alot of red tape surrouding something like this but surely the big dogs like MGM, Wynn, etc are looking/have looked into this. Can anyone share insight into this?
__________________
Poker News | Poker Gossip | Poker News Blog
Reply With Quote