View Single Post
  #1  
Old 03-05-2007, 01:37 PM
xpertadvice4u xpertadvice4u is offline
Longest Poster Ever
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 234
Default Converting a purchased site...

Let's say you bought an established site that has good page ranking, and lots of traffic...maybe it has a good forum, with established membership and participation....

But you want to incorporate that site into your own ideas, and will want a different domain name.

You want to keep the forums, and the traffic.....

how do you go about rolling this existent site into a new project/entity?

For example, let's say I bought PAW, and I wanted to take advantage of the traffic and PR and incorporate PAW into a new site with multiple affiliation interests.

PAW would be one element/subdomain of that new site, the forums would still exist, with the same topics/categories but also some new ones. And there would be other subdomains...you know, like plumbing and electrical fixtures affiliate opportunities....

If I just incorporated the PAW architecture within a new Domain name, I would lose all the value of the PAW page rankings....right??? or?????

Can you boost a brand new domain by swallowing an established one?
How could it be done?
__________________
Xpertadvice4u
(MYOB&STFOM)
Reply With Quote