View Single Post
  #8  
Old 02-01-2007, 09:46 PM
xpertadvice4u xpertadvice4u is offline
Longest Poster Ever
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 449
Default Rose colored reading glasses and self-serving biases

Quote:
Originally Posted by losercore
.

Where ever you came up with the gang rape and all the other bullshit is beyond me.

Maybe I was reading a different story...
Ok, look...Loser and RC, I know you guys are probably both decent guys, and sorry for personalizing things...but:

Evidently you only paid attention to the parts that offended *your* sensibilities. I used the term "gang-bang" not "gang-rape," so, yeah, maybe you do have some difficulties with reading what is written :-)

The 17 year old girl was likely not in any condition to truly consent to what was going on, and the guys took turns having their way with her in various rooms and methods. She was exploited, and the author concluded that she was consenting because of the way she used her hand to support her body rather than letting her face get mashed and pounded into the carpet???

That's a "gang-bang," Losercore...and it is nothing for guys to be proud of.

But it seems like there are lots of guys who think that is a just a swell evening of "Manlaw" entertainment.

Let's not forget that the girl pressed rape charges the next morning.
So, however consensual you think it was, she obviously had a different opinion the next day when she had full possession of her senses.

It was obviously not something she was pleased to have been a part of, once she was sober...but somehow some guys just overlook *that*, and make it seem like she is just some sort of wishy-washy female who can't make up her mind. And that nobody did anything they didn't want to.

Do you really think *her* life was enhanced by that evening of "good clean All-American fun" in that hoetel room?

God, she was *only* 17 years old, man. What a great start. But you all act like she has got nothing to complain about, or be ashamed of.

Man, if you were drunk as a skunk and somebody rolled you and you didn't do anything to defend yourself would you want them to be acquitted on the grounds that it seemed you were consenting to be mugged - because you did nothing to stop it?

Or...better still, what if one of your poker buddies buggered you while you in a drunken stupor, I guess he could say you wanted it cause you did not stop him, and you were not totally unconscious?

I love the way you and RC try to make it seem like it was only all about a guy just getting a little bit of head from a mutual participant.

You are minimizing and trivializing what happened that night....and, of course, you are right - according to the letter of the law...it is all - and only - about what happened with him and the younger girl...and she was under age, and the other charges were dropped...but that does not make him innocent...only "not guilty."

But don't make this guy out like he is some sort of martyr just because he had his member in the wrong orifice at the wrong time (like a year too early).

Quote:
Originally Posted by losercore
.in otherwords you are so perfect that you never had some any sexual contact with a 15-16 year old when you were 16-17?
Again, why are you minimizing by making the rage-range include 16? The girl he got convicted for was 15....below the age of consent in most states.

Have you never heard the term "jail bait"? I guess not, in this age of "the freakier the better" sexuality.

I think teenagers are some of the most cruel and callous people on the face of the earth. I am ashamed of some of the crap I did/witnessed as a callous youth.

Evidently the kid in jail is also ashamed....didn't you read *that* in the article? So, even *he* realizes it was not just about two willing participants hooking up. Of course, he is also trying his best to get out of jail, so what do you expect him to say.


Quote:
Originally Posted by losercore
.
I really missed something in that story I guess. This sounded like a guy hooking up with a girl and they both wanted to
Yep. You just don't get it, man. I hope you have lots of daughters some day.

So, I suppose if a 10 year old girl wanted to "do" you, it would just be two people hooking up who wanted to, and nobody's business but your own?

What age are you going to use to draw the line? It does not matter if the Ten year old is the initiator and begs to do it...you are still exploiting and abusing that child....and you will go to jail.

Yeah, tell that to her parents: "Uh, she begged me to do it...what was I supposed to say?"

I am sorry, but if it is against the law for me to let some 15 year old do me, it damn well better be against the law for a 17 year old. Why should he get off? No pun intended.

You don't get it: it's not how old I am, or HE was, it is how old SHE was.

I know a high percentage of 15 year olds are sexually active these days, but that does not make it right. Hell, we're in Iraq right now, but that doesn't make it right.

And you know what? the only people who want to argue that it is all right are the ones who would like to get away with it. That's called self-serving bias...and it is why some people genuinely cannot see what I am making a fuss about.

It is the same reason it is so hard to send drunk-driver killers to jail for a long, long time....cause guys say "Wow, that could have been me...I have driven drunk lots of times, man. I don't wanna send the guy down the river."

Just cause everybody cheats on their taxes - that doesn't make it *right*, man.

I agree with you 100% that prison for 10 years is not going to rehabilitate this guy...and it is just going to make it more likely for him to help suck the life out of our society when he gets out.

Yeah, it is a raw deal....but please stop minimizing and normalizing what was going on...it was a "sick" scene, and should not have happened.

Guys do this group stuff to women way too often around the world...and evidently it is seen as very cool to videotape it. Hey, if R. Kelly can get away with doing it with a 15 year old, why not you and me?

Such men rarely see women as something more than just an ejaculation receptacle - or eye candy.

Cause that's all the guy in jail saw them as.

I just would not do that to a 17 year old girl whom I thought had a life that counted for something in front of her, and videotape it so anybody who wanted to could see her in her degraded state, and it could follow her for the rest of her life (suppose she became a teacher and the tape showed up on YouTubes?)

Would he have brought that girl home to meet his saintly Momma the next day?

Case closed as to whether it was a relationship between equals.

And, if it was not, then it was not truly consensual.
__________________
Xpertadvice4u
(MYOB&STFOM)

Last edited by xpertadvice4u : 02-03-2007 at 02:26 AM.
Reply With Quote