View Single Post
  #1  
Old 01-25-2007, 12:00 AM
MasteryOfPoker MasteryOfPoker is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 9
Default As a newbie: build several sites or go with one large one?

Hi

It seems that several of you have many sites going, and I've been wondering, whether it's better to build many sites at a time, with a little less content on each, or to go with one site with lots of features.

For example, currently I translate all my content to finnish as well. Putting aside the ease of using JoomFish for the translation, should I just have two separate sites, one for the english speaking market and one for the finnish market? Now I just provide the users with an option to switch the language. What are the benefits / downsides (aside from the obvious link exchange potential).

Also I'm almost ready with my poker league management joomla component and the situation is the same: make a website specificly for people looking to host a poker league, or use it as a selling feature of my current site.

The way I see it: it's hard to get a new site going, so anything I can use to drive traffic is better spent on improving the one site. But I see people all the time that develop niche sites, one for each of their ideas, and just can't shake the nagging feeling that I'm overlooking something.

So, should I just improve my current site until I get it going and then branch out, or start doing several sites right now?
__________________
Learn to play Texas Hold'em Poker online
Reply With Quote