View Single Post
  #1  
Old 01-22-2007, 03:13 PM
chiefofficer chiefofficer is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 52
Default After an hour long phone call with Mansion....

I spoke to one of the top people at Mansion for almost an hour today.

Here's their deal.

The have not made a decision on the US market yet. They will know in a week or less.

Right now, they are trying to find a banking solution. Their current banks are a little scared about the legal environment right now.

Good news....they are trying.

Now the bad news....

The bad news is Mansion feels they have a strong brand in the UK. They also feel they can be fine without the US market, as there is plenty of room for growth in other parts of the world.

Additionally, Mansion does not want to risk their entire business just trying to serve the US.

All in all, when I hung up the phone, I get the feeling Mansion will not be around for US customers. That's just my feeling from talking to them. I hope they prove me wrong.

News about Fulltilt getting new processors is good. Bodog seems to be getting around the problem as well.

The only thing that will save Mansion, IMO, is to have the British government really come out and condemn the actions of the US enough to get the DOJ to lighten up.

I think some people outside the industry are getting pretty pissed about what's going on. The banks, the UK government, etc have about had enough. We need these people to step up and stop the madness that's going on.
Reply With Quote