Thread: Site For Sale
View Single Post
  #10  
Old 01-18-2007, 08:04 AM
PokerProp PokerProp is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 307
Default

It seems a lot of people have ignored your post so let me give you my honest take on it and be blunt and harsh in the process.

I have a lot of experience selling sites but am not sure how I would go about selling yours for anywhere close to the price you are looking for. This is not meant to be offensive or to call you out at all, but the site is not worth anywhere near $30K IMO. I speculate that perhaps you $100K earnings were luck (just happened to land a big fish or two).

The first thing I noticed was the low Google PR. This is fine; one site I own had 0 PR for a while until this past update and is one of my top earners. The next thing I looked at was Alexa. Nothing real impressive there either. I then check seomoz and see 1.5 page strength. I check iwebtool who generally has a higher # then other places for incoming links nothing impressive there either.

The site itself has some content but nothing special and not a ton.

I was going to run search position reports on keywords in your title but every page had the same title. So I was going to run some search position reports on your H1 tags but the site doesn’t have those either. Finally I ran reports on what I thought was the pages targets and don’t see and good rankings at first glance though it was not easy for me to just pull this info because the site Is even really basic optimized.

I know this is harsh and I’m being blunt but I think you’re lucky to get $1500 for your site.
Someone can spend a couple hundred for custom template, spend a few weeks writing articles and then have plenty of money left to buy text links and have a site of the same value with $1500.

Why would anyone buy yours for $30K?

I realize you have proof of income but something don’t ad up. The site itself is not worth a lot. I’m not saying you didn’t earn that income but I’m telling you its not specifically because of this site. This site might of got lucky or you have a huge network of friends who joined sites using poker posted or some other factor like this. Whatever the situation is it would be extremely unlikely this situation is passed to a new owner.

Again this is not meant to be offensive, I’m sure others have thought the same thing but didn’t desire to type them.
__________________
"Every adversity, every failure, every heartache carries with it the seed of an equal or greater benefit." - Napoleon Hill
  • Add your listing for free to PR5 Poker Directory
  • Get up to 165% Rakeback as a poker prop player
Reply With Quote