View Single Post
  #1  
Old 01-15-2007, 12:32 AM
MasteryOfPoker MasteryOfPoker is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 9
Default Will google find links in menus hidden w/ css

Hi

I use Joomla to run my site and have a menu where there are items (like Articles) that expand to list their subcategories, when clicked. I figured that it would be better SEO-wise if each of those categories that contain subcategories would always list the links to the subcategories. That way, search engine doesn't have to follow the path:

Front page -> Articles -> Strategy -> {strategy articles}
Front page -> Articles -> Other gambling -> {other gambling articles}
but can instead use the shorter path:
Front page -> Strategy -> {strategy articles}
Front page -> Other gambling -> {other gambling articles}
to get the list of articles

Now, I use a display: none to hide the non-activated menu entries, and was wondering, will google think I'm doing something blackhat because I hide those links? Will it follow them even though they're hidden.

Does google parse a css file anyway?

- MoP
__________________
Learn to play Texas Hold'em Poker online
Reply With Quote