View Single Post
  #1  
Old 01-07-2007, 08:21 PM
aussiepoker aussiepoker is offline
The Package
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 26
Default Legallity Question

This question has got to do with the legallity of an affiliate manager changing the payment terms after I have sent them depositing players, and not crediting those players on the intial deal agreed upon.

Last month I sent a resonable amount of players (for a small affiliate) to a certain poker room, all of these players were from europe as the poker room no longer accepts usa players. My aff manger put me on a high cpa deal once I agreed to start promoting his site, I thought this was great.

By mid december I had sent around 15 depositing players all of which I had my cpa credited, then my aff manager says my net gaming is too low and he is going to change my deal.
At first I understood this, however I thought the players who had already played and deposited would be credited on my inital deal, as he did not make any reference to the amount earnt in the first half of the month. I have been told by a few of my friends who study business law that the deal must be upheld consideration is given. I really question the legallity of the aff manager being able to change the terms of money already earnt to suit themselves.
The aff manager said they company was losing too much money, to me this is just unfortunate for them as they are the ones who proposed the deal to me. I was happy to accept the new deal on the terms that my affiliate earnings made prior to the deal change would be upheld on the intial agreement. To me this seems to be common business practice, ne similar experiences by anyone? Is the aff manager entitled to do this?
__________________

Reply With Quote