View Single Post
  #11  
Old 12-13-2006, 08:58 PM
Jeremy Jeremy is offline
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,278
Send a message via MSN to Jeremy Send a message via Yahoo to Jeremy Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

Well, I really wouldn't expect too much drama but here is what I can say. The alleged spammer indeed has spammed some poker sites with PokerNews links.

I spoke with Damon our CEO about it tonight and we are both in agreement that it is no one at PokerNews. Although they did register at one of the forums with a pokernews email, it still doesn't make any sense.

If you think about it, the amount of traffic Pnews would get from spamming poker forums would literally be fractional compared to the SE traffic we get from our main pnews site as well as all the other languages and countries we are in. Not to mention PokerWorks, and the large network of other sites we run.

Besides that, I am pretty sure if one of the pokernews employees was blatently spamming forums, one of 3 things would happen;

1. Damon would fire them on the spot
2. Tony G. would call them and send them into an emotional break down causing them to quit anyways.
3. The Lithuanian team would stick the mob on them.

None of which sound very pleasent. But in all seriousness, it is probably either a competitor or someone with an agenda. I know first hand of a few other large PAW members that have had this same problem and acually had a Party affiliate acct. suspended because of this type of B.S. in the last 6 months. Luckily we helped him get it turned back on though

Regardless if anyone ever gets a spam in their forums or email from Pnews please email me with the all the registration and I.P. info.
__________________
My two favorite quotes:

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."

Last edited by Jeremy : 12-13-2006 at 09:04 PM.
Reply With Quote