View Single Post
  #2   Spam Kill
Old 11-12-2006, 10:01 AM
GoodKarmaKid's Avatar
GoodKarmaKid GoodKarmaKid is offline
Poker Player & Promoter
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bocas Del Toro, Panama
Posts: 316
Send a message via Yahoo to GoodKarmaKid Send a message via Skype™ to GoodKarmaKid
Default

Hey Dan

Interesting article, but I think it is much easier to just use a password manager like RoboForm. I used to use a system similar to what you described, but I always outsmarted myself and forgot a lot of passwords.

I've been using Roboform for over 3 years, started with the free version and purchased the full version after about a year.

Some of the features of Roboform are:
  • Generate random passwords with special characters, you can specify the max number of characters to use, etc
  • Automatically fills in passords at sites, just click on fill & submit
  • Fill out long registration forms, etc
  • Can be installed on a usb mem stick so you can take your passwords with you when traveling, or install all your passwords on your mem stick for a security type solution when using your desktop. no mem stick, no access to passwords.
I can't say enough good things about the program, I use it every day and would be lost without it, I don't know the passwords at the majority of my sites, the password manager remembers them for me, I just have to remember one strong password to access roboform.

Jason
__________________
Promote Poker | Poker Blog - "I'm Not Lucky, I have Good Karma!"

Custom Embroidered Shirts & Hats | Roboform - Password Manager

"Money can't buy happiness, but neither can poverty." Leo Rosten (1908- )
Reply With Quote