View Single Post
  #1  
Old 10-02-2006, 06:40 PM
pokerguy pokerguy is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 219
Default How to safeguard your affiliate website

Just to be safe, what are some things we can do to safeguard our websites from criminal sanctions? Here are a few I can think of, please let me know if there are others:

1. Place prominent (not just in tiny footnote) disclaimers stating that Americans can only use your site for entertainment purposes only. If you have non-gambling content, I think you should point that out and say that there are A LOT of legitimate uses for your website.

2. For now, get rid of your affiliate links. Maybe move toward a fixed advertising rate model?

3. Do not run any promotions directed at American players.

4. If you have a mailing list, make sure you inform your readers about the new direction your website is taking.

I'm sure there are a lot of other ones, but my brain is so fried right now.
__________________


I love my job.
Reply With Quote