View Single Post
  #1  
Old 08-22-2006, 04:22 PM
scrawnybob scrawnybob is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 289
Default aff banners / branding or plain text links on homepage ?

hi

Just need a bit of advice on aff banners / branding or plain text links on homepage and thoughts experiences

I've just taken off my flashing banners from the homepage for poker sites (I had 5 down righthand side above the fold) as I just felt they were a bit too flashing and maybe first impressions were that I was just another banner farm

I know my aff managers for those sites will probably say - I should keep them up

but what are peoples thoughts / experiences ??

at the moment I just have text links but have thought about putting static branding of the poker sites linked to the reviews

is this a good compromise ? or are links still the best for actual click throughs and signups ?

cheers in advance for any pointers

scrawnybob
__________________
4kingpoker.com ... don't get bitter - get better Poker Forum

BadBeatorNot.com ... Poker Odds Calculator

MillionDollarPokerGuide.com ... Poker Guide & Directory

Scrawnybob's 4kingPoker Rants & Rambles ... Poker Blog
Reply With Quote