Actually the amendment to the bill to also add horse racing could be good overall for the bill. If this amendment gets added to the bill, it will make it more difficult for some to vote yes if their states have horse racing.
This is the reason Godlatte was so pissed about the amendment being added. Him and a few other supporters even mentioned that this ammendment would "kill" this bill being passed.
I say good job Mrs. Berkely, if you're gonna say internet gambling is bad and evil, then say it ALL is, not just some. That's like saying that it's OK to play internet blackjack, but roulette and craps is bad. Gambling is gambling, regardless of what game you're playing.
Just cause there are organzations like the National Thoroughbred Racing Association, doesn't mean that gambling on horses is any safer than poker or casino games for degenerate gamblers.
__________________
My two favorite quotes:
"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."
"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
|